Do we have the perfect Valentine’s Day gift for you!
On Sunday, February 15, beginning at 3:00 pm on Tucson’s SunLink Streetcars—and at 4:00 at The Screening Room at 127 E Congress—the Opera Guild of Southern Arizona has planned a fun, interactive gala benefit for you! (Well, it’s also for all those fantastic opera students the Guild supports at the University of Arizona and Pima College!)
For lovers of Romance, Valentine’s Day, Opera, Streetcars, and Downtown Tucson, this event hits all the marks! Here’s how to join the fun:
- Purchase your $25 ticket at eventbrite.com, or call 520-825-1563. You will receive by mail a packet containing your ticket, streetcar pass, and instructions/directions for riding and parking.
- The day of the event, park in one of Tucson’s free lots (Helen Street, U of A parking garage off Euclid, or at The Mercado).
- Use your included SunLink Day Pass to ride Tucson’s new Streetcars as much as you like, all day. You’ll be serenaded by talented young singers from 3:00 to 4:00 pm as you ride.
- Arrive at The Screening Room by 4:00 pm and enjoy hors d’oeuvres and a glass of wine as you meet the singers before proceeding to the live Aria Auction.
- You set the program by bidding at auction for your favorite arias, sung by amazing guest artists.
- If you wish, sit on stage with the artists when you win the bid!
- Afterwards, dine at Janos Downtown Kitchen. Janos will donate a percentage of your bill to our scholarship fund.
- Return to your car by SunLink. Your pass is good all day and evening—and it is reloadable for future uses!
Whether you are a longtime opera fan or a newcomer to great music, this fun outing this is your event! Your $25 advance purchase ticket includes your SunLink Day Pass, hors d’oeuvres and a glass of wine, and a seat at the Aria Auction.
Places are limited in the intimate setting of The Screening Room. Get your tickets now to be part of the action!